Grab ‘n Go Contactless Pickup
Get library items without entering the library.
How it Works
- Place your holds through the online catalog or by calling the library at 203-272-2245. You must have a valid Cheshire library card. Requests will be filled in the order they are received.
- An appointment is necessary for pick-up. When item(s) become available, the library will notify you through phone or email. Please call us at that time at 203-272-2245, option 2, and leave us a message with your name and telephone number. We will call you back shortly to schedule your appointment.
- The item(s) will be checked out to you, placed in a bag with your last name and the last four digits of your bar code with pick up appointment. The bag will be placed on a table located by the parking lot side landing under the bulletin board. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- The pick-up period for each appointment is 30 minutes. If the items are not picked up during that time, they will be returned to the shelf or passed on to the next person waiting for them.
- Holds cannot be placed on hot spots, lit kits, book club kits, or museum passes at this time.
- All returns should be placed in the bookdrop. Please do not leave any items you are returning on the table. Please do not leave any donations.
- Staff will not be available when you are picking up your items. If you have questions, please call or email us. We’d be happy to help!
Remember to be safe! We want all of our patrons to stay healthy.
- Items available for pick-up have been quarantined for 7 days, but items could potentially be handled or breathed on by other people. Be sure to wash your hands and avoid touching your face.
- Patrons should wear masks and practice social distancing from each other when picking up items.
- Please don’t socialize on the library grounds or in our parking lot.
- The CDC and Chesprocott recommend people 65 and older stay home, so patrons in these high risk groups should use extra caution.